Sunday, 21 December 2008

Happy Holidays

Well, what a term it's been! I started off hating my time at uni, and ended thinking it's kind of alright. I haven't bonded with one specific person, but with lots; I think I'm trying to find one person who's exactly like me, but can't, so I end up attracted to lots of different personal qualities in different people that end up making an overall person like me. Some people have a dry sense of humour, others like to enjoy the silence, whilst some have an empathetic side, and so on; and these are all qualities that I feel attracted to. The kind of people that I've met on my course are pretty cool, others are just complete bookworms, but something that I've found common amongst all Imperial students is the competitive streak. There are loads of competitions and tournaments available to enter, such as Halo 3, Super smash bros. (which I got to the final in, Pit rules!), Quran recitation and dodgeball which I never played before but found extremely fun! Apart from that, lectures are still boring enough for me to fall shamelessly asleep in, so the only thing I can do to keep me awake is get out my newly-bought laser pointer and start annoying people. And a guy from yorkshire does the same across the lecture theatre, so I don't feel alone in the thought that I'm the only guy failing this year :)


My medical interview is coming up on January the 13th inshaallah, and I'm really hoping that my 'mature' approach will come across well with the interviewers this time. I'm done with trying to make them laugh, or saying such unique things that make me sound like a Nazi; I'm going to be normal; no orange ties, no funky glasses, no sweat!

Time at university has made me think about how different people can be; being exposed to so many people in one place has made me realise that no one person is the same, and I don't mean only personality-wise, but physically. It's amazing how everyone (or most people) all has a nose, eyes, ears, but they all combine to make something different, so it's extremely difficult to find two people alike, it's weird. Not even making mii's on the Wii could make me understand how different people can be. Even names; it's weird how we all have one, and people ask "What's your name?" So yeah, I find the concept of names quite weird when I think about it. In fact alot of things become weird when we think too deeply about them; like walking. Putting one leg in front of the other, and then pulling yourself forward. Or sitting down the way we do, or even speech; how we make a noise and then shape our mouths to make the noise sound differently, yeah, weird.

But one thing that I don't find weird is that Manchester United are world champions... finally! :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If YOU got to the finals with Pit, God help them if i entered the tournament with my Princess Peach.

Unknown said...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Cfua_P5xg&feature=channel_page

and watch my other ones too :)

YasFat said...

cool! i like the way you hang onto the edge so they can't get back up... if that's intentional.

Unknown said...

Yeah, its called edgehogging/edgeguarding :)