Sometimes, I just don't understand; people... how can human beings deny others what they themselves enjoy? Injustice just doesn't make sense. Ignorance and hypocrisy are prevailing in a world where people seem to be more interested in how much their favourite celebrities are eating, than whether or not others are eating at all. Over these past few days, more than 400 people have been killed in Palestine, and what is the response from the world's 'leading' nation? "The United States strongly condemns the repeated rocket and mortar attacks against Israel and holds Hamas responsible for breaking the cease-fire and for the renewal of violence in Gaza," This is coming from a country that hasn't felt any regret in supplying Israel with money and military supplies, used to impose the tyrannical rule it has over Gaza and the West Bank. Ever since the state of Israel was 'established', it's come under intense criticism by its neighbouring countries, most of which have quietened down now because of the biased nature of the states supporting it, and them, for the moment. For some reason, Tzipi Livni, the foreign minister of Israel, a WOMAN, and a mother of two children, says there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza, and rejects calls for ceasefire. Some people are just fuelled by... actually I don't know why they do it. Even after watching the BBC reports, which are extremely vague and watered-down, you can tell that conditions aren't even fit for animals to live in.

I don't understand how people need 'meetings' to decide what statement to put out to the press on the issue. I don't understand why someone doesn't invade Israel like they did with Iraq and Afghanistan. I really don't understand how a human being can inflict so much pain and suffering on another, and then try and justify it by saying it's out of self-defence. The realities of life I probably hate most are the little things people don't pay attention to; for instance not saying 'please' or 'thank you'; from that stems all of the problems the world faces; corruption, jealousy, greed and conflict. Sometimes I wonder what life would be without emotion; no hate, fear, anger, guilt, sadness... that way people would probably stop wanting each other's destruction, but without emotion we also wouldn't have compassion, optimism, empathy, happiness and love. Maybe all the negative emotions have come from having too many positive emotions towards one certain group and not another; and from that 'ingroups' and 'outgroups' have formed. So I think no matter how many people get killed, or how many cities are destroyed, we have to take things on a personal level; treat people around you equally, and be courteous and kind, because we are the leaders of the future...
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
3 comments:
Today is even worse: Invasion.
You have managed to phrase most of the words I can't bring myself to say. This world is disgusting.
Post a Comment