Sunday, 3 January 2010

New Year's B10gging

I love my blog. It's a thing I have full control over; I decide what I should write and when, it's colour scheme and design (which I do intend to change, when I get the hang of it all); any little detail that I want included or removed is completely up to me, and no-one can make me do otherwise (unless they get hold of my password somehow). I could even stick a random picture in or a word in a sentence somewhere and I won't 'lose marks' or have my editor tell me off; totally up to me. I could continue with what I've been doing the past year, writing my ovoviviparous monthly entries, but I want to take it deeper this year; I want to extract lessons from my adventures, a bit like the reflective pieces of writing I have to do for my GP placement.

I'm a person who likes to embark on projects, or intend to do them at least, and a great thing about having a Blackberry now is that I can quickly nip it out and record what has been going through my mind before I forget it, and so I'm able to compile my list of new things I want to do, unleashing as much orange as I can!  One thing I've wanted to do is share things I like, something I haven't really done on here, and what a better time to start but now?

There is a youtube channel called 'Shaytards', by a guy called Shay Carl, and he started a project up (yes, he's into his projects too... but on a bigger scale) where he was going to vlog every day for a year and put the daily video up on youtube. He's a cool guy, and his family is adorable! He has a habit of saying 'tard' after lots of things, such as his children (to protect their identity from internet snoopers); so his son's called sontard, daughter is princesstard and the younger daughter is babytard. He had another aim where he was going to grow his beard (beardtard) for three years, and on the first of January 2010 (3 days ago)  he'd shave it off. So he's a cool guy, and he gets together with other mega-rated youtubers to make videos with them, moving to LA from his hometown in Idaho. I think he actually makes quite alot of money from the number of viewers he gets, but his videos are entertaining, and he always gets ideas for new projects and gets other youtubers to take part, like the weightloss channel he's started (since he himself is a bit on the chubby side)... shayloss.

Anyway, this is one of the 300 or so videos at the moment; there are too many good ones to choose from, and he plans to continue past the year mark, especially as his wife is pregnant now (with foetustard of course). Some people may think everything he's doing is too invading on his family (and I do think it may be a bit damaging if his children aren't called by their real names all the time), but if they're alright with it and he's making money from it (after all, he quit his job to spend more time with them, and make videos), then why not? It's interesting knowing about the life of someone on the other side of the world, and you do get quite attached (maybe why everyone likes TV soaps so much). Some people even cried when he got rid of his beardtard!



This has actually made me want to start a regular video thing, maybe in the future when I have growing offspring to film; I doubt I'll put them up on youtube though!

No comments: