Tuesday, 29 June 2010

June-ish

You may have noticed that the design of this blog has somewhat changed, from just the plain black and orange look to this one; after seeing the new design options I had, the amateur style I was going with was crying out for change. I'm not sure if I'm completely happy with the background I have; there may be a little bit too much orange so I may change it further, probably depending on the mood I'm in. But a massive change that I could implement finally was the width of various parts, meaning I now don't have to manipulate YouTube videos to make them fit, or adjust picture settings so the border doesn't get cut off. I also noticed some other nifty gadgets that I hadn't seen before; apart from the fish tank and various games, something that I may want to add is a photostream, as I practically relive my memories through photos (how else can I remember what I've done during the month?). I'm unsure about putting adverts in my blog; I know it can make me some money, but I wonder how much, and will it interfere with the feng shui balance of my blog? Surely I'd need loads of people to see my blog for the adverts to be of any use, but is that the real purpose of me writing, and do I want all these randoms to see my blog? I'm not sure.


The summer holidays so far haven't exactly been filled with days of chilling, and by chilling I mean just sitting around doing nothing. Much like the past academic year, I've had a list of things in my head I need to do; this summer I need to find a job, go to various things I've been invited to, do all the projects I've been planning to undertake (filming, writing, university society work etc), watch the World Cup; so I really don't have much time to sit around, and nor do I want to. I know next year is going to be much tougher with the workload, and if I start the year knowing I've gotten alot of the 'recreational' stuff out of the way, I can do much better with the 1+1=3 stuff.

I went to Scotland with a friend for the weekend recently. He's a rally driver and there was a competition up near Castle Douglas. He said I could be the co-driver for a couple of his races, but (on the 'advice' of my mum, and for safety's sake) I chose to walk the entirety of the track and take in the depth of the mysterious forest, hurriedly making for the bank when I heard the deafening buzz of a speeding car from the distance. There were moments when the race was stopped (probably due to a crash farther on), and that was when I truly felt 'at one' with nature; just myself and the innumerable pine trees, and no phone signal. The hotel we stayed at was nice, neighbouring a field of cows; I got my own room, and managed to watch Algeria's first World Cup game there. Actually the whole area we stayed in seemed quite peaceful and dreamlike; the drive through the country lanes was as if someone had delved down into my deepest thoughts and extracted the perfect scenes onto Scottish canvas. It was too nice.



Other things that happened this month: I watched a play: one of those rare occasions in my life. It was alright; a little too deep for my understanding, but it had a couple of actors I recognised from elsewhere. There also were protests against the 'freedom flotilla' massacre, which really had a 'good' feel to them.. And I had another MRI scan; alhamdulillah the pituitary growth hasn't grown further, but I still haven't managed to get hold of a picture of my brain!

Oh, and I went to Turkey for a week, but that deserves a blog-post on its own.

 

My month in status updates:

loves how the neighbours have bought a trampoline, inspired by my early morning bouncing :D

has done the unthinkable and bought an Algeria football shirt...

MRI scans and hayfever aint the best of mixes...

is on the way to Scotland. All matters are to be taken up with batman until I get back.

is in the Scottish wildnerness following a rally course in the hope of finding civilisation...

Come on Algeria! No really, come on >_>

Algeria just showed England very nicely. Fireworks in Cricklewood, imagine if they won!

is definitely feeling more half Algerian than half English tonight :)

is on the way to Turkey, but the tardis is staying at home.

can't believe I had to explain to the Turkish bath guy that public nudity wasn't part of My tradition >_>

 has witnessed some spectacular scenes, met some wonderful people, swum in some paradisical waters. But there's no place like home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but you're blog just has a world cup flavour to it now, it's kinda cool :D