Friday, 24 September 2010

Trainers

Since the half marathon I've entered is fast approaching, I thought I should get some running shoes that won't actually destroy my body after I've run 13 miles in them. Naturally I thought there should be some hint of orange on them, so I let my consumerist guard down and went shopping. And here are some of the trainers I had to choose from...


These were too orange (I know, could there be such a thing?!)... something I probably would've bought when I was 10. The camera doesn't quite catch it, but they were eye-stingingly fluorescent! Next...


These were alright, but they looked like more casual trainers than running shoes, and I'm sure my knees would suffer after running a while in them. They are a bit bland-looking too. Next...


These were just perfect. Just about the right amount of colour, they seemed comfortable, and I had my eyes on a similar pair for a while, until these 'updated ones' came out. They have space in the sole for a special ipod-connecting running chip I have, and according to my mum, they could double as 'smart trainers'. I went running around Regent's Park with them today, and my do they feel bouncy! Just like the 'lunarglide' name suggests!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i just found ur blog..
why havent u keep it updated?
i like reading ur stories :D