One of the advantages of stop-starting blog posts is that you can look back at your previous attempts at trying to string words together into something with meaning and go "nah!" and delete the whole thing. I've just done that, so rather than letting you waste any time reading pointless intros (if this isn't one already), I'll get straight to the point: unless it's something morally objectionable, say yes to every opportunity that comes your way.
I'm going into this new year holding various positions at university; I've been Charity Week rep, publicity officer for Teddybear Hospital, committee member for MESS (the group that teaches first years medicine), Student-Staff Liaison Committee member, treasurer of the Islamic Society, and I hope to continue with these things next year, as well as try and get the Dodgeball Society up and running. Every university email that I got at the beginning of the year, inviting me to take part in various things, I've said yes to, and although sometimes it can be difficult juggling multiple things at once, I can say you develop into a better person as a result. Not to mention the millions of friends you make and the awesome times you experience on the way!
So whatever it is, from helping out at open days to playing sport with people you don't really know that well, to attending a talk on something you don't know much about; say yes, and you'll see more and more doors open for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment