Saturday, 16 July 2011

Summer So Far

Back from Norway, and currently lying in a hotel room in Budapest (Hungary) waiting for everyone to wake up so we can get on with the day's activities. So far (4 days in), we have had an absolute blast of a time, and even though we spent 23 hours straight on trains through Austria, Germany and Holland (including waiting outside a dodgy station in Venlow-Holland in the early hours of the morning), we haven't had a lack of entertainment. Bruges was stunningly beautiful, albeit a little on the touristy side, but definitely somewhere I'd like to go back to, even if it was just for their chocolate shops.

First impressions of Budapest weren't good; as soon as we left the station, it felt like we were still in a Soviet state; it just had that weird feel to it. But when we got more into the city, things started to look up, and so did we as we noticed the citadel and castle in the hills towering over us.

I plan to write about each place I visit and give it a rating out of ten, but that's as soon as all the places have been visited, inshaallah. If I don't misplace my passport. Yes it happened again, but this time it was in my bag and not in Seville airport!

No comments: