Thursday, 1 December 2011

Crossing Paths

Today was the last of my four fortnightly GP days with this surgery. I have to say it has been an enlightening experience, certainly giving me a better insight into GP life than I had before. And we saw some really interesting patients, like another polio case today, heart murmurs galore and a stroke patient who had so much difficulty expressing what he wanted to say, it was upsetting. But the Muslim doctors were extremely nice and we were bought lunch every time we were there. At the end of the day, as everyone went to get their logbooks signed off, I went upstairs to pray, where I found the cleaner cleaning up. I went into a small room and prayed, and as I finished, the cleaner asked me to remember to turn the light off. Then he spotted the prayer mat in my hands.

"Oh you're a Muslim? I want to become a Muslim!"

It's funny how some things in life just happen; how if you intend to make one small step towards doing something good, the Heavens and Earth open up for you just to make it possible :)

No comments: