Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Day Zero

Yep, I´ve decided to keep a log of everything I´ve done on this trip... depending on how often I come into contact with a computer. But since I´m sitting in a Grenada hostel with free internet access, I thought I may as well make a start on typing out the contents of my notepad. And then I´ll try and add photos later on maybe.

The day before a major trip, for me, is usually quite laid back, followed by a few fairly hectic hours, with a couple of games of FIFA interspersed in between. There were no hiccups with the coach from Victoria to Stansted, it left on time at half one in the morning, and arriving at the airport at three. No sleep so far.

When we entered the airport, it didn´t exactly look like one, more like a refugee centre! People were sleeping everywhere. It´s funny how quickly people can make somewhere feel like a home, not caring if people are looking or not. But there were people absolutely everywhere; underneath tables, next to luggage weighing machines; it was like everyone was playing one big game of hide and seek, quite badly.

After praying in the chapel (which had quite a nice piece of art I forgot to take a picture of), we sat down to eat at a cafe, while I bought some crisps and a Pepsi Raw, waiting for Pret a Manger to open so I could get my dolphin-friendly tuna baguette :)

And then I realised, that if I wanted to sleep, I shouldn´t have drank that Pepsi (with natural caffeine :P).

No comments: