Tuesday, 4 November 2008

A Waste of Life

Well, I've been set my first essay of the year, and I've put it off until now. This blogpost is the only obstacle between myself and starting this random, pointless essay. It's supposed to be about the significance of some loser called Carl Woese deciding to make Archaea a new taxonomic group. I mean, what in the world has changed because of this guy's contribution? Has famine stopped, has a disease been cured, has anyone actually benefited from this person?

So currently, whilst waiting for my 8pm football to start, I've decided to make a start on this essay, meaning that I go straight to Wikipedia and paraphrase from there. What is Arachaea? I don't know, but all I know is that like my presentation I had to give on wonderful DNA blotting techniques, I have to sound convincing and interested in the subject. So this is how my last few days have turned out:

Day one: Think about essay.
Day two: Read essay title.
Day three: Think about starting essay.
Day four: Take a rest from all this thinking.
Day five (today): Sincerely promise to yourself that you will start this essay.

Who knows, maybe I will stumble on my own discovery in the process of writing this essay, and then the lecturer will say "Oh well done Yasin! I'm going to promote you to a medical degree!". I will call my new discovery after myself, naturally... "Yasinium" (if it's a group one metal), or simply "Fatine" if it's a group seven element. Or if I discover a new enzyme... AlllllrightyThen Oxidase, just because I can. Ha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're back to posting!