Monday, 15 December 2008

My Favourite Place

I was walking through the unattractive dump that is South Kensington (where Imperial is, unfortunately) that made me think of all the other universities in London, pretty much the same; buildings, noise, and not much nature. Then I thought of my favourite place (in London)... Southwick Mews. It's a small residential sort of road near Edgware Road, untouched by Arab tourists, DVD salesmen and pollution. It's so peaceful during both the day and night, as if time stops when you walk through it. It's beautiful even when it rains, and the cobbled ground compliments the greenery growing on the sides. When I'm with my friends in the area, I make sure we walk through here to get where we want to, and I'm not ashamed to tell them that it's my favourite place. I stop, look around, and take in the atmosphere; all the worries of my life seem to to just disappear as I bathe in the calmness and security. One day I intend to bring all my friends here and have a picnic, and just relax... In fact, I think lots of 'Mews' around London have a similar sort of atmosphere.




I don't want to spoil this moment by mentioning the event where George Bush had shoes thrown at him... there I've gone and done it. But hats off to the journalist who had the courage to do it!


2 comments:

Ismael said...

Ah thats lovely :D
I have a favourite place too, about 5 minute bike ride from my nan's house. I found it by myself as well. Brings to me similiar feelings as it does to you.

Kesshin said...

Two of my favourite places are Hyde Park and Regents Park - see the correlation :P.

I love parks man, just lying down on the grass on a sunny day just day dreaming. Best feeling ever for me.