Thursday, 19 March 2009

A Weekend of Wickedness!

The weather over the past few days has been too amazing to just sit indoors and write a long blog-post, but I have to mention it... last weekend was just wicked! Friday evening saw Imperial ISoc-ers play LSE at an 11-a-side footy match, and we won 6-3 (I guess me scoring a hat-trick helped)! The next day I went with a couple of friends to BodyWorlds; just a load of corpses artistically arranged to make us 'ooh' and 'aah', then going on a stomach-wrenching ride (AFTER Pizza Express!) as well as bumper cars. It doesn't take much to amuse me; as long as I'm with company I enjoy, doing something (like jumping through fountains :P), I'm happy. But Sunday was the cherry on the cake for me: competition! Imperial's marrow society organised a fun run, with a choice of 3km or 8km to compete in, with a superhero costume theme, and as our family has a history of winning fancy-dress competitions, we weren't about to disappoint; I went as Turbo Snail :)

The massive golden shell strapped onto my back plus the helmet delicately balanced on my head and the throat-strangling cape didn't really give me a great running advantage over my competitors, but I thought that fourth place (out of 35!) was pretty good for a snail wearing insultation material and a brown paint-spray smelling overall on a hot day. 14 minutes 30 seconds was my time over 8K, which I think is impossible because just the day before I managed 5K in half an hour! So someone must've made a mistake somewhere, or maybe the cardboard-tube exhaust pipes protruding from my shell did actually work! But I did win the prize for the best costume (thanks to my legend of a mum): a dinner for two at a top London restaurant!

After the race I just chilled with my friends in Hyde Park, sword-fighting with sticks, and relaxing in the sound of the gushing water of the Princess Diana memorial fountain, with the thought of a million deadlines coming up not bugging me at all. This week so far has also been legendary, with the Queen's Lawn full of happiness and relaxation, frisbee players, and the water-fight I organised over Facebook :) I'm trying to get sticks for our Friday Night Project tomorrow, so we can just sword-fight the night away... ^_^

"The best things in life aren't things."


2 comments:

Ismael said...

AWESOME :D. And the summer isn't even here yet! :P

Kesshin said...

Sounds like you've been having bare jokes!

Sick one man, you deserve it =D....just don't pretend you're Link with the sword fighting :P.

Peace.