Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Dreamy Decisions

The dream I had last night, it was too weird! I was sitting in a sports shop, no-one there, empty apart from this little Brazilian boy who's brother worked there I think. Anyway I saw these amazingly nice orange and black trainers and asked the kid to see if they had any football boot versions of them. They were a hybrid between these (my old ones)...


and these...


The young Brazilian kid came back with completely the wrong ones (wrong colour and everything) and so I got his big brother to come down from the hut (which was weirdly upstairs) and have a look. He came back with some orange ones, and whilst I marvelled at their beauty, I compared them with the ones on display, and noticed they weren't the same! So I asked him to get some more, adamant that I would get the same ones as on display. But again, the wrong ones, albeit quite beautiful; so I asked him to look again, and so he went back up to his hut, this time taking ages. I mean, it felt like hours, and I don't remember what I did to entertain myself during that time (I know, great dream). But he did finally come back, near closing time, but again, they were the wrong shoes, and I was beginning to think that they didn't have the ones I wanted (and now that I think about it, they didn't even ask my size!). But the ones he gave me were quite cool; orange and white with funky ridges and bumps and the studs underneath were nicely designed. Then it was closing time; no chance to find them today, and I realised that the shop for some reason had been booked for a party, and all the tables and everything had been folded up and moved against the shelves.

Quite strangely, I was invited to play football against two of the partygoers, in a large caged pitch that was underneath the hut (which I hadn't noticed the whole time I was in the shop!). It had a goal either side, and the two Brazilian brothers watched through the cage as I put on these white and orange football boots with the funky ridges and beat the two grown men at football, with me amazed by the shoes' ability. After the fun but brief game, and not noticing anyone in particular at the party, I went back into the dimly-lit shop and looked around the shelves where I first saw the trainers of my dreams (literally :P). Squinting up at the top shelf, I noticed the pile of boots I'd earlier turned down (under a spotlight), took them off the shelf, and had a nice look at them; quite beautiful, but they weren't the right ones! Funny thing but I don't remember having any worries about how much any of them would cost. "Hmm," I thought to myself, "could I still take all of these pairs home, even after they find me the right ones tomorrow?" I never found out... I woke up.

But today whilst at Brent Cross, I did see some white and orange football boots that did look very similar to the ones I saw last night... and for one moment, I did believe that I was still dreaming!

No comments: